UFO Encounter In Colusa By Bill Pecha Jr: UFOs Caused Blackout, Blinding Lights And Observed By Multiple Witnesses

Bill Pecha Jr. and his wife  , who were residents of   Colusa, California  , claimed to have seen several   flying saucers   above their home in   1976  . These U̳F̳O̳s hovered near power lines, causing numerous electrical failures and even a blackout.

While he was watching television at his home   three miles southwest of Colusa, California  , Bill Pecha Jr. watched the   picture tube pop, disappear, and then go out around 00:54 on September 10, 1976  . The air conditioner turned off at the same time. Pecha left the house, turned right (south) and walked across the lawn, assuming the circuit breakers had failed. He felt the hairs on his body stand on end as he stood a few feet away from the underground connection that connected his machine shop and his house.

At this point, he was convinced the cables were about to short out. When he pulled away from the cable, he still had the sensation of an electrical charge. His   gaze was directed upwards, where he observed a massive disk-shaped object hovering about 50 feet away  . It was just above   the 40-foot-tall roof of his barn, and half the edge appeared to be precisely above a television antenna attached to a telephone pole  .

The U̳F̳O̳ had a   dome structure constructed with concave portions of vertical ribs  . The   dome and its base were silvery gray, and the background looked like porcelain  , which Pecha thought could have been caused by the light. The   outer edge, which rotated clockwise, appeared to be made of stainless steel. A translucent shaft of gray-white light shone from a 10-foot-wide circle in the center of the belly  . It only descended about   five or six feet   before coming to an abrupt end in midair. On the ground, it neither shone nor reflected.

Two hooked arms  ,  angled inw̳a̳r̳d, hung from the left and right sides of the U̳F̳O̳   (from Pecha’s point of view). Three “cables” appeared on either side of the central light axis, approximately between the hooks and the light axis  . They were   six to eight feet long and two to three inches thick  . In order to avoid contact with the southern sloping roof of the barn,   the three on the left (north) side were staggered 45 degrees over the top  .

Bill Pecha Jr. approached the U̳F̳O̳ until it was just below the southern rim. Based on what he described, a team   from the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization (APRO)   was able to discover that the object was about   85 feet in diameter  . Soon after, the U̳F̳O̳ began to drift slowly westward. When it was between   75 and 150 feet away from Pecha  , the cables were pulled back. Then the hooks rotated up and in halfway. A “focus” lamp was revealed as two hatches at the north and south ends opened.

“The ‘spotlights’ were supported by cable-like light fixtures. The spotlights came on as soon as they left. They emitted collimated shafts of ‘lights’ that hit the ground at an angle of about 45 degrees (outward).

Pecha ran back home to wake up his wife. When he hit the wall,   Lenda Pecha,   his wife, woke up quickly, and when he looked out the dining room window, he saw a light.

It reminded me of the light of an airplane – like a plane getting ready to land. Then, suddenly, there was light coming from under her, and she was glowing on the ground below her. The ice-colored light was shaped like a tubular cone.

Bill Pecha Jr. he watched two more U̳F̳O̳s over high-voltage power lines a mile west of his   sleeping 10-year-old son Chris ‘ bedroom  .

“Each object was between and above two towers. The arrangement was: turret-1, U̳F̳O̳, turret-2, open cables, turret-3, U̳F̳O̳ and turret-4.

Each of these far-encounter U̳F̳O̳s emitted two light-like beams that hit the tops of the energy transmission towers between each object. The right-hand U̳F̳O̳ beams were blue and all four towers were illuminated with blue light. The beams were emitted upw̳a̳r̳ds at 30 to 45 degrees below the horizontal. The towers supported six power lines. One or both of the two tallest lines glowed bright red from the insulators of towers 1 and 2 up to about 15 to 30 meters on either side of the towers, Pecha reported. (These were the same towers illuminated in blue light by the U̳F̳O̳ on the left). inside them, said Pecha.

He said the ‘jerkiness’ was different from lightning or a zig-zag and didn’t seem to have a speed or phase movement. He was unable to determine whether the beams from the U̳F̳O̳ on the right had these ‘spasmodic’ light streams or whether the power lines near Towers 3 and 4 glowed red. The towers and U̳F̳O̳ on the right were further apart than those on the left. The towers on the left were about 4,450 and 5,150 feet apart (towers 1 and 2 respectively) – the lines between these towers pointed about 53 degrees out of Pecha’s line of sight (so he had a good view of them) . The towers on the right were about 6,200 and 7,320 feet apart (towers-3 and 4, respectively). But the lines on these latter towers are pointed at only 4 1/2 degrees from Pecha’s line of sight – so would have been hard to see. (The lines for towers 1 and 2 run southeast to northwest, but turn almost west at tower-2.) Both objects appear to have width/height ratios of about 3 (long horizontal axis). Pecha thought he saw ‘spotlight’ fixtures on the U̳F̳O̳ on the left that were emitting the beams.”

Pecha ran out of the room and yelled that they had to leave or the U̳F̳O̳ would “catch” them. The first U̳F̳O̳ was much closer when Mrs. Pecha looked out the window again. Meanwhile, at a   distance of three kilometers  , other people could see the U̳F̳O̳ as a great moving light. They could see him for about a minute and a half before he disappeared.

Bill Pecha Jr. watched the progress of the U̳F̳O̳ from his dining room window. APRO investigators eventually determined that it was between   500 and 900 feet above ground level  . As he passed over his neighbors’ house, 2,500 feet away, he remembered,   “This light (from the lower center) has been dimmed.” It just fell off and was as bright as the light from a flash cube. It was really a white light, bright and shining. “   Lenda Pecha’s attention was not always on the object because she was worried about her husband. Because of that, she didn’t see the light fall out, but she did see the light cover a neighbor’s house, barn, and hangar.

Two U̳F̳O̳s   in the distance took off at   45 degree angles  , one heading south and the other heading north, were spotted by Pecha. A   reddish amber light   appeared in the center of the surrounding U̳F̳O̳ while Legend was retrieving his daughter. There were two lights at either end of the ship, and Pecha believed they would be pointed at them at any moment. The U̳F̳O̳ was now about 300   meters away  , between the Pechas property and that of their neighbors.

He, along with his wife and two other children, ran to the truck after he pulled Chris out of bed. Pecha drove over   90 mph without lights   because he was afraid the U̳F̳O̳ would see them if he turned on his headlights. Bill Pecha Jr. stopped at the home of his longtime friends   Leslie and Gayle Arant outside Colusa   and even beat up   Mrs. Arant   open the door. Pecha yelled at her to look up at the sky.

“To the west there was a large object with a white light – very bright – underneath. It was dark in the middle, but you could see the outline. And it resembled a saucer, and the cup was turned upside down. It went from west to east.”

Les Arant   woke up just in time to see the U̳F̳O̳ take off to the south. It appeared for a split second and then disappeared. The incident came to an end at   1:03 am.   Another eyewitness, who saw   a red-orange light pulsing and shooting westward  , was later located by U̳F̳O̳ reporter   Bob Pratt   of the   National Enquirer  . When   she entered, she was heading south  .

It seems that the power outage and the sighting of the U̳F̳O̳ were just a mere coincidence. Pacific Gas  & Electric   verified that a blackout occurred at 00:54. However, the power lines over which the two UFOs were seen belonged to the Federal Central Valley Project.  The blackout was caused because an overload transformer in a substation had burned out.

Leave us your thoughts in the comments section.

Share this:

Leave a Reply